It is with deep sadness that I write the first entry to my mom’s blog…..in June of this year my mom was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer, she ultimately decided not to go through treatment.  At that time she was given a six months or less life expectancy.  Where she declined quickly, I know through daily conversation she had no pain, which was all I could ask for.  We had our differences throughout our lives, but we were extremely close - I will truly miss her and remember her love of life.     I’ll be planning a Fort Lauderdale, FL and Nassau, Bahamas scattering of her ashes per her wishes….those times will be announced on her blog site and to individuals that are interested in celebrating my moms life.  RIP Edwina Lee (Himmelrich, Clark) Miller.

Comments

  1. So sorry for your loss Scott. Your mother had a special place in my heart and will be missed so very much. I feel fortunate to have had many great times with her and will cherish the memories that will last forever. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best friends shouldn't have to say goodbye to their mothers in the same week. But here we are, and here I'll wait until you need me. I love you more than I can possibly express and my heart is breaking for us both at this time. I'm sure the cosmos will bring everyone together again when the time is right and until then we just have hang in there for those who still need us. Much love and big hugs across the optics until I can wrap my arms around you properly. I miss you and you can call me anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sorry to hear of your loss, Scott. I'm so happy that you were able to visit with her recently. Your mom did this on her terms and it is such a blessing that she did not experience pain with her illness. Prayers of God's peace and strength for you and others who will grieve her loss during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your experiences with Edwina Lee Millers extended family....